There are two kinds of materials for rockwork. One is natural stone material. Concrete is used as basis and cement is used as bonding material at artificial layering. Another is composed of cement mixed mortar, steel mesh or GRC(Glass Fibre-Reinforced Cement) . The rockwork is shaped by turned mould by artificial plastics, also called “plastic stone”.
Construction technology for rockwork
First of all, a mountain formed net shaped rebar structure layer shall be made on top of cliff. About six centimeter round steels varing from 30 to 50 are selected in the light of unequal density of mountain stones. After that, welded rebars are bound on the surfaced steel rebar head. Please sculpt the generic outline. When the welding is complete, bind a layer of steel wire at the surface. Then start the brushing. The initial brushing works as a base layer. The purpose of second layer for brushing is to sculpt the outline. An amount of texture of rock is required to be made. For example: concave, convex and fold. Skilled craftsmen must create a very artistic surface! They must have a professional basics in molding stones.Spraying real stone paint generates output quickly. Small trials shall be made and spots particles of natural stone shall be reflected before large scaled painting is conducted.
Fill the earth then plant in the cliff gaps. Ceramic jars and pots related and harmonized with the theme can be added. Flowing currents inside the potteries supplement the spacial diversity.
Another new styled plastic stone is made by high temperature steaming of a processed moulding mixed by environmental construction raw material, refined resin, highly effective intensifier, parent aggregate and imported pigment. Each product has a different shape with millions of combination options, which has no difference with real stone in texture and color.
The advantage of plastic stone
(1) . light texture. The specific weight is 1/3 to 1/4 of natural stone. No additional wall support needed.
(2) . Endurable. Fast colors, corrosion resisting, wind resistant, high strength, freeze proof and impervious
(3) Eco-friendly. No particular smell, sound absorbing and fire proof, heat insulating, non-toxic, without any pollution, radiation free.
(4) Dust proof and self cleaning function;process treatment with water repellent, not easy to adhere to dust, the wind and rain can wash away and clean itself as a new one, maintainance free.
(5) Easy Installation, cost saving. Riveting together with the wall is not required, direct bonding is enough; the installation fee is only 1/3 of natural stone.
(6) Stable and abundant tones, hand coloring with imported pigments guarantees
persistent stability of colour and lustre, corrosion resisting and acid-alkaline resistant, uniform surface color for plastic stone, the colour and texture are lifelike, various color matches with a variety of plastic stones, exterior walls with exceedingly fascinating and charming effects are created such as roughness, grace, unadorned plainness, simplicity and primitiveness.